Monday, September 25, 2006

Finished Objects Times Four!


Yes, I've definitely been spending more time knitting than on the computer lately. So, let the tour of FOs begin! The Absorba is complete! I grabbed a quick picture of it on my windowsill before we left -- when I get home I plan to weigh it to see exactly how much cotton it used. I held five strands of single worsted together and went through 10 balls, then I worked from the inside and outside of two more balls and just the inside of a third to finish it off. I made my monthly dishcloth from the leftover, and can probably do one more cloth from the last bit left. I love this month's cloth! It looks like butterflies to me -- don't know if that was the intent of the pattern or not. I'm not sure how I ended up casting on sooooo loosely. I made a mental note after the last cloth to try a seed stitch border instead of the garter stitch because I don't like the way it draws in the sides, but obviously forgot to do that.

"His and hers" socks. My patriotic RPMs, made with a couple of modifications. Alas, my notes are in Texas, so I will have to add those later. Can you see that my ripples go in opposite directions? And the Thuja socks are the first pair I've made for hubby. He really likes them. I like that they only took three days to make while traveling and working a warshrag. They are made with the Possum Worsted from CTH. They were cuddled frequently during the knitting process. VERY soft... and slippery. Hubby doesn't recommend wearing by themselves on wood floors. (Gasp! Must wear with Birks! Protect the handknits!) Both patterns are from Knitty.