Sunday, October 22, 2006

Orca Tails Scarf

Although the pattern calls for two skeins of Noro Kureyon, I can count this as one of my accomplishments for the Lonesome Skein KAL because I used just one skein of CTH Silk & Merino Bulky in the Quarry Hill colorway. Orcas are black and white, so I'm not sure why Lori named her pattern as such, but it looks gorgeous in her Noro and in my CTH. Because I only had one skein, I could not fringe. The cast on edge looks great, but I'm trying to work on the bind-off edge to better match it, a problem that would have been easily camouflaged behind a little fringe. (That's why the ends are hidden!) The yarn has a much more shiny jewel tone finish than is show in the photo. It is VERY soft and was a dream to work with. I hope the person getting this for Christmas likes it as much as I do! Here's the pattern: http://www.oceanwindknits.ca/sectionpage2.asp?blog=free%20patterns.