Thursday, August 16, 2007

Frog Pond

The good, the bad, and the ugly:

Glasgow Lace from Interweave Knits Fall 2006, but you can't see the curves to the lace pattern because of the striping in the colorway (CTH potluck supersock). And AFTER I got to this point, I found information about shaping the garment here. I also kept asking myself why I wasn't knitting in the round. So, IF I do this sweater, it will be in a solid or nearly solid, and knit in the round with waist shaping. I am left with 840 yards of this CTH potluck. Yes, I could make socks, but I feel like I should use it on something bigger since I have an ample amount of this "one of a kind" colorway. I do think the colorway would be perfect for Nagini, so maybe I'll give in and do that.



I have an unknown amount of laceweight merino -- it is my mom's yarn but she didn't like working with it, so I'm trying to make a scarf out of it for her. I was using US size 5s, but I don't like the way it looks, so I think I'm going to restart with 4s. In some places the yarn is so light it looks like there is a dropped stitch. The question is whether to stay with this leaf lace pattern or look for something else. It came in a little kit with knitting needles and instructions for three different lace patterns including a feather & fan. If this sounds familiar to anyone and you know the yardage, please let me know!