Thursday, August 16, 2007

Daphne's Baby Cape


One skein down, two plus to go. I'm using Berroco Comfort in 9810 Nosegay Mix. I picked up the yarn Monday at Unravel in Las Cruces. The store had a nice selection of yarn and books. The pattern (From Knit Two Together) calls for Cascade 220, but I wanted something washable. The Comfort is super soft -- it can be a little splitty if you aren't paying attention. The first skein I used had two knots in it, one about six yards in and the other just a few yards behind it. Haven't found a problem in the second skein -- will wait until the project is complete before I write to Berroco.

Hubby and I have been touring as much of Southern NM as we can before we are relocated next month (insert temper tantrum here). So far we've been to Cloudcroft twice (30 degrees cooler than it is here) and out to Carlsbad Caverns. We may stay local this weekend, but we are looking into B&Bs for our anniversary weekend. Maybe Silver City area so we can see the Gila Cliff Dwellings, or back into the Ruidoso/Cloudcroft area.

And It's been a while since I posted these mugs, so here they are:

Norton just knows the doormat was purchased for him.


Frank considers the entire world his toy.