Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Emerging from the deep depths of the dark water...

...is Potomatomus! I'll kitchner the second toe tonight & be done with them. The second picture is a little closer to the real colors.
I followed the pattern with the exception of using the Channel Island cast on (found in my page-a-day calender). The yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Steelhead. Just couldn't resist using a fish-named colorway for a fish-named pattern and maintaining the theme with the island cast-on. These did seem to be "the socks that never end" because of the 1x1 ribbing, but I still love them. Very much looking forward to cold weather, especially since these are the third pair of socks I've completed this summer.

I realize yesterday's posts were rather shortly stated. Part of that is from the attempted to cram in the chronicles of several completed projects. And part of that was just plain feeling cranky. The previous five days were filled with a variety of malfunctions in our apartment (refrigerator, overflowing toilet, loss of electricity) and I'd had enough. We've been told the power will be out again this Friday so they can make permanent repairs. Last night the AC wasn't working all that great, so I'm kind of sluggish today. Hopefully that will be then end of that type of excitement for a whil. Hubby will be home soon and he always makes things better! We've been discussing various vacation options and at first I offered a few options, but now my only request is that it is someplace cold. I want the luxury of shivering a little. Being able to don the comfy handknits will just be a bonus!