Monday, July 16, 2007

W & Flamewalkers


Here's the first in the FO parade in a lame attempt to "catch up" my blog. This is from Knitty. I followed the pattern, and kind of wish I hadn't. Instead of making two separate pieces, I wish I had made a provisional cast on, then instead of knitting the fifth wedge, I'd just knit the third again and make my way around the back. That leaves just the shoulder straps to seam. The garter stitch border looks better in person than it does in the picture. I'm really looking forward to being able to replace this picture because the yarn is gorgeous. It is CTH Twister Potluck in colors that look like Sugar Maple, heavy on the pink. I'm thinking of making a One Skein Wonder in pink Twister to go with it.


CTH Supersock in Maple, Flamewalker pattern. Followed the pattern. I like the finished product. The yarn seems to be pilling a bit, especially where the ankles rub against my shoes. I've heard this is a merino problem. Curious to see how they continue to wear.