Sunday, March 23, 2008

Lace Revisited

The best laid plans of mice. (If you add to that statement, you are not familiar with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.) I started the Spring Shawl Surprise back when the first clue came out. After about three hours, I decided I really was NOT happy with the fabric I was creating, so I frogged it. (Yes, I did swatch, but the swatches contained garter stitch, not stockinette.) I waited for a Knit Picks order with smaller needles (to use with the yarn I had), and slightly thicker yarn (to use with the needles I had), but after traveling and having my bout with this year's flu (in spite of snorting whatever the new vaccination of the year was), I never got back to it. I love the border of the piece, but have since decided that I don't like the overall piece enough to make it (I think it would take me roughly 110 hours to complete). I may adopt the circular motifs to another project.

I also signed up to do the Secret of the Stole ii. I really do like the way this one came out, but with all the moving around I did in February, I never got to it. I didn't collected my clues along the way, so I'll have to buy it like everyone else -- well worth it. I may opt to do one of Nautical Knitter's other stoles instead.

I looked back over the blog and found my Socktoberfest goals. I finished all but one pair of socks, and those I won't make because I REALLY do not like working with the yarn. So I feel I can say that goal was achieved, better late than never.

I made it into Round Two of Sock Madness -- we'll see what that brings later this week!