Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bitten by the Warshrag Bug

I am beginning to think no one is safe. Hide your size 7 needles and avoid all stores that sell Peaches & Cream and Sugar & Cream.

These are some of many. The first few I made I did right off the PnC ball band, but I confess I finally broke down and bought Mason-Dixon Knitting. I also joined a Monthly Dishrag KAL, and have found a few free patterns around the internet. All are done in either PnC or SnC with size 7s. The two done in the purple, green, tan, and white varigated show just how far one 2-ounce skein will go. I had to add a little to the garterlac cloth to complete it. I think that is my favorite other than just the ball band in general.

I was disappointed in the bright rainbow ball band because the white in the orange and yellow varigated pooled right in the middle and blew the effect I was trying to achieve. Next time, just two stripes of each of the six solid colors. Next time? Hmmm, have lots to knit & many new ideas. I may not get back to that particular one...