Thursday, August 31, 2006

Out of Knowwear


Greeting from Out of Knowwear! My mother-in-law is the artisan who handcrafts these delightful little guys, or in the case of the one above, not so little.
"Taking a Break" is sitting in a regular-sized chair. She usually makes 36" tall Elves, Santas, Bird Ladies, and Witches, but often her creativity makes her break out of that mold. She uses recycled fabric and handpaints all the soft-sculpture faces. They have so much personality! She's been doing the craft show circuit and has a few more this year, but now she is busy getting the barn ready to open up shop in November.

I took pictures of my current project from the top of Clark Mountain (Cornish, ME) with beautiful views of the Maine countryside in the background, but after looking at them on the computer I realized that most of the picture is of a dirt pile (some lucky person is building a home up there). Perhaps I'll get better pictures tomorrow. All I can say is I'm enjoying the deliciously cooler weather, stuffing myself with blueberries, knitting, and enjoying the company and countryside.