Thursday, October 18, 2007

Knit, Ravelry, Blog... Life

Yes, well, my dear little blog has taken a bit of a backseat with the knitting that must be done as well as my still relatively new relationship with Ravelry. Yes, relationship. For the amount of time I spend there, it should be. We're planning a trip to the Caribbean early spring....

And of course we cannot discount the time spent with continued car troubles (we think it is now fixed -- ha, ha, we think -- bad Bug, bad Bug) and a little bit of bedroom renovation. Yes, we are in an apartment. The couple that lived in the room before us fought -- violently. Supposedly all the splatter marks on the walls were from beer bottles being thrown about. Yes... we may have to repaint a "normal" color when we leave, but for now we will enjoy "Golden Butter" and "Orange Slice" with hints of "Lime Passion." We also put up shelves and a peg board for the knitting, sewing, crafting, etc. that must occur. And there has been walking -- not as much as I would like, but there has been some. The temperature has finally reached something more reasonable here a.k.a. bearable. The nights are cool, but sadly because of the street lights, bus depot, poorly tuned exhausts and booming stereos, we have to shut our windows up tightly at night.

Oh, yes, and there is that other "little" thing... my new phone... new iPhone, that is. Jeff reminded me that seven years ago I said I wanted one device that did it all -- phone, camera, music, PDA -- and here it is! It just blows my mind that I'm holding 8G of memory in my hand -- my first computer was a Mac Classic (see? I have Apple roots) and it had a whopping 40MB memory. Can't believe that was seventeen years ago. Blech. I'm still getting used to the fact that there are things I can say I've been doing for DECADES. Twenty-six years of flute playing -- that's a quarter of a century -- ohmigosh -- grab my orthodics, roll my knee-highs down to my ankles, and I'm off to play bingo...

I'm also gearing up for three trips ("real" ones, requires a plane to get there & back) in the next seven weeks. Praise God we can bring knitting needles on flights.

So that's current life in the Chihuahuan Desert for The Chick. Photos to follow!