Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sisters of the Wool Visit

Yippee! I got to knit, dye, and buy with my fellow Sisters! We spent a Saturday at Heritage Arts in Beaumont Ranch dying yarn.
It's a fun setting -- I half expected a fight to break out and a couple of cowboys to fall off one of the second story balconies!
Angeluna was creating a sinister green for her Nagini socks.
The fall decorations were fantastic. I think this one is demonstrating what happens when someone attempts to get between us and our yarn!
Here's some of our beautiful work!
There were a couple of bored teenage girls at the ranch who wanted to try out dying, and they came up with this lovely creation (which magically found it's way home with me!):
I made some mostly red yarn with a little green and navy, which in turn made a little purple. This was my first attempt at dying yarn. It will become a pair of socks for my sis-in-law for Christmas -- trying to decide what pattern to use.
This was my second hank that I dyed -- I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I have no idea what it will become when it grows up. That is real silver glinting through there, with superwash wool and silk.

My camera battery was dead when I showed up to Borders for our Brooks Farm trunk show. So, I can only show my "haul," which includes some Four Play, Solana, and Acero. Three Christmas presents and one unknown project.