Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008 Underway

Making progress on the 101 in 1001 list. Currently trying to finish the Back to Basics socks and complete the Monkeys that I started for the December Sockdown. I started them, then read that I was supposed to post a picture, not just reply to the list that I had started them. If it becomes an issue, I guess I can track down the pictures taken at the New Year's Eve party where I sat by the fish tank knitting the evening away. (Yes, I very much wanted to be in swimming with the fish. Diving again is definitely on my 101 list.) Will start and have pictures of Thelonious well in advance of the January deadline.

Finally counted the stash. Over 200 skeins, balls, and hanks, oh my! I didn't count the Sugar & Peaches 'n Cream, nor could I count what is in VA (which is mainly my dishcloth cotton stash). This does include some partially and half used skeins. So, just knit a ball a day to get though it, right? Ah, if only it worked that way. Oh, and if it takes two skeins to make a pair of socks, I just counted that as one. So yes, that means technically there is MORE...

Blogs are more fun with pictures, so here is Floyd from Busch Gardens Tampa:

Of course he can't be outdone by the two lorikeets that took a nap on my head: