Thursday, January 03, 2008

...and on the Third Day...

...we knit. And clean. Won't that be exciting? (Well, part of it will be, anyway.)

I just realized that I have ten UFOs. Ten. How DOES this happen? One is ABF (all but felted). One is the mouse that is naked (no gauge given for clothes, knit a cute skirt too small, haven't gone back to it). One was started to make the Sockdown deadline. One technically isn't started, just swatched. One was started as travel knitting. One keeps changing recipients, therefore changing priority.

Oh. So THAT'S how that happens.


We had swatch panic last night. I delayed on swatching for the Spring Shawl Surprise until yesterday and wasn't thrilled with the look of my first swatch. My yarn is much lighter than what is called for. My concern was that it would look flimsy if there were larger stretches of stockinette. The PROBLEM is that I don't have smaller needles suitable for lace knitting. So I did the second swatch, which has larger patches of garter stitch. I think I can live with the result. Dear Husband did say to just order the other needles and start when they come in. He's so sweet. Of course in the back of my mind I'm having a true woman's rant of he just doesn't realize that the needles won't be here for at least a week and next Tuesday I'll have 50 more rows to do and there are drawings I must complete each section on time in order to be entered.... Panic aside, I think I'll be okay with my current needles. And I have to keep in mind that I'm dying the finished product. I'm sure it will look MUCH better when it isn't stark white.